  sales@ozoneflow.com      +86-057489206365

NEWS CENTER

How to Drink Water Correctly in the Hot Summer?

Views:286     Author:Site Editor     Publish Time: 2021-03-01      Origin:Site

Water is essential for your body. You can last for some time without food, but only days without water. Your lean body contains about 70 percent to 75 percent water, with fat containing much less, about 10 percent to 40 percent water. Because of increased muscle mass, athletes' bodies contain more water than bodies with proportionately lower muscle and higher fat, such as non-athletic women, people who are overweight and people who are older.

 

Daily water intake must be balanced with losses to maintain the normal functioning of the body. Losing body water can adversely affect your functioning and health. Once you start feeling thirsty, you've probably lost about 1 percent of your body water and are dehydrated. With a 2 percent water loss, you could experience serious fatigue and cardiovascular impairments. It's important to note that individual water needs differ depending on your sweat rate, the environmental temperature, your clothing, humidity and other factors.

 

So how to drink water correctly in the hot summer?

 

1. Drink Water—and Plenty of It

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, daily water intake recommendations vary by age, sex, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. Drink a cup of water each morning when you wake up. Have another glass with every meal. Drink one or two cups after working out to prevent dehydration. Remember to drink water gradually throughout the day.

 

 

2. Check Your Urine

Monitor water loss by checking the color of your urine. It should be light yellow, not dark yellow. If it is too smelly or cloudy, it means that you are dehydrated. Of course, other medications and health conditions could affect the color of the urine. If you’re concerned about the color of your urine, consult with your doctor.

 

 

3. Know the Signs of Dehydration

Does your skin feel dry, irritated, inflamed, itchy, or sensitive? That’s a sign of dehydration. Do you experience a headache or feeling dizzy or fatigued? These are signs of dehydration too. Muscle cramps, rapid breathing, fainting, and not urinating (or having very dark yellow urine) are other signs. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, the simple solution is to get out of the heat and drink plenty of water.

 

75-1-daily water intake

4. Choose Water During Flights

Airports and flights can be very dehydrating. It’s not easy to drink as much as you usually do when you’re on the go for summer vacation, and airplanes are known for low-humidity air, which contributes to low hydration at touchdown. Pack an empty reusable water bottle with you in your carry-on bag and then fill it up with water after going through security. Skip the vending machines at the airport and ask for water when the beverage cart passes by mid-flight.

 

 

5. Replenish When You Sweat

Playing basketball? Heading out on a hike? It’s essential to drink water throughout these activities. Your sweat rate, the humidity, and how long you’ve exercised are all factors to consider. Proper hydration means getting enough water before, during, and after exercise.

 

 

6. Eat Foods with High Water Content

Do you know that approximately 80 percent of our water intake comes from drinking water? The other 20 percent comes from food. All whole fruits and vegetables contain some water, such as cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, radishes, peppers, cauliflower, watermelon, spinach, strawberries, broccoli, and grapefruit. They all contain 90 percent water or higher.

 

In addition to the above precautions for drinking water, we must also pay attention to the drinking water quality, adopt appropriate drinking water treatment technology for water treatment, so as to improve drinking water safety.

 

Our company is mainly dedicated to the research and production of ozone water treatment devices. If you want to know more about ozone water treatment, please contact us, we can provide you with ozone kitchen water purifiers and ozone generators.a

Contact Us

About Us


Address: Room 1203 ,Building E,Sci-tech Incubation Park,No.655 Xueshi Road Yinzhou District,Ningbo City Zhejiang China
Tel: +86-057489206365   Email: sales@ozoneflow.com WeChat:186 6883 2968
COPYRIGHTS © 2020 Ningbo Nicoler Environmental Sci-Tech Co., Ltd.